Something I thought about:
- Routines. I really like having a routine — and occasionally rebelling against it — and I normally have one in the fall when the child returns to school and I return to teaching — the child’s routines make mine that much more strict — but this has been a fall of change. I’ve had maybe one or two “normal” days — and all of the construction at home has added to feelings of chaos — and I’m very ready for a bit of boring.
Something I did:
- Visited Elizabeth Bishop’s grave
- Had another round of movers — our storage unit (aka the time capsule) from March 2012 was delivered!
- Had our basement demolished.
- Called FedEx too many times about a freight delivery.
- Started the rebuilding/renovation process.
- Finally zeroed my inbox.
- Set up a desk where I can work – the first time I've had my own work corner (not room – yet!) since movers packed our place in Lausanne.
Something I read:
- This interesting piece on Kahlil Gibran. I’d read The Prophet, of course — discovered it during a commute when I was an undergrad and thought it was mind-blowing at that age — and this piece made me realize that I really knew nothing about Gibran himself, much like the rest of the world!