Something I thought about:
- I’ve been approaching place mostly from spatial angles in my diss but just realized that there’s one piece that I’m reading that creates place temporally instead. It was a surprising realization, so now I’m revisiting the temporal aspects of place (especially when considering it separately from space).
Something I did:
- Read a lot!
- Figured out a different angle on a section of my dissertation.
- Continued to prep for the start of term.
- Made backup plans/systems because of a cyberattack on my university that shut down all systems.
- Went to the Van Gogh immersive experience in Lausanne.
Something I read:
- Elizabeth Bishop in Context, edited by Angus Cleghorn and Jonathan Ellis
- Art and Memory in the Work of Elizabeth Bishop by Jonathan Ellis
- Vampires, Hearts & Other Dead Things by Margie Fusion