Something I thought about:
- The strangeness of time. We haven’t even been here for a week yet, and we’ve been racing through set up. We’ve also been driving all over the northeast, which is quite a change. I need to pause at some point and reflect and think, but it’s been difficult given our schedules. Someday soon, I hope!
Something I did:
- Moved to the US!
- Continued with paperwork. There is just so much.
- Ran a ton of errands to get set up here.
- Got library cards. That was fun!
- Received copy edits on a paper.
- Celebrated two birthdays.
- Saw the ocean.
- Saw all sorts of birds in the wild: turkeys, a barn owl, a cardinal, and barn swallows.
Something I read:
- Light reading, as Jenny Davidson calls it — The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna and Partner in Crime by Alisha Rai