Something I thought about:
- Obviously the war and pandemic continue to be the backdrop to everything right now. But besides that, the chapter that I’m working on is a bit all over the place, so I restructured it. Now it’s a bit choppy, but the order makes more sense, so I’m going to see if I can fill out this new structure a little better. I also spent an absurd amount of time thinking about the sonnet form and its history and evolution.
Something I did:
- Restructured another dissertation chapter.
- Read a lot.
- Said no to one thing and took two other things off of my plate so that I can focus on the diss.
Something I read:
- All the Flowers Kneeling by Paul Tran
- Elizabeth Bishop: Her Artistic Development by Thomas J. Travisano
- This interview with Jericho Brown on form and pedagogy.