Something I thought about:
- Mostly the dissertation — committee members, the shape of the work that’s left, how to get through that work… I mapped it all out so that I can spend less time trying to figure out what to do next and jump straight into doing it.
Something I did:
- Tentatively put together a dissertation committee (!!).
- Mapped out the next two months of work.
- Said yes to two invitations/collaborations.
Something I read:
- Lucy Sante wrote a beautiful essay about becoming herself. The portraits accompanying the essay are also wonderful.
- Sujata Day, a friend from childhood, wrote, directed, and starred in a movie that was picked up by Ava DuVernay’s company for distribution, and it debuted on Netflix yesterday. We were really excited to see it — a lot of childhood memories there (filmed at her house, and her mom had a couple of cameos!). Here’s the NYTimes review.