Something I thought about:
- How to create time and space for writing during a hectic week. I struggled to do deep focus work this week (ah the joys of summer break) so I tried to do a few other things that are less intensive but still need to be done. Next week will have a similar schedule, so I’m trying to plan it better — now that I know what I’m heading into — because I really need to get through this material.
Something I did:
- Set up the fall course Moodle.
- Started to update course docs for the fall.
- Did some planning and scheduling.
Something I read:
- All of the trigger warnings on this one — a devastating and well reported story: "The German Experiment that Placed Foster Children with Pedophiles" by Rachel Aviv
- And something lovely — there’s a manmade island on Lac Léman for migrating birds to take a break, and a human-sized birdhouse was just constructed there to serve as a pedagogical center.