Something I thought about:
- I attended my first in-person conference since March 2020! It was a small symposium on Elizabeth Bishop called “Apparently Personal Poetry: A Symposium on Elizabeth Bishop and Biography.” The first part of the week was all trip prep, of course, because I’d forgotten how to travel, but the second half was immersion in all things Bishop, which was *excellent* I figured out a couple of dissertation-related things. I haven’t looked at much of Bishop’s artwork, so I especially appreciated hearing about her visual compositions and her ekphrastic poetry.
Something I did:
- Attended the Oxford symposium.
- Met some terrific people.
- Presented a paper.
- Visited six bookshops in one afternoon.
Something I read:
- Vinegar Hill by Colm Tóibín