Something I thought about:
- More on summer planning and organization. The last two months of the semester are just so busy — I’m still trying to complete as much as possible while preparing to switch to almost full time writing. It’s astonishing how little time there actually is once it’s mapped out, so I need to make the most of it and have some clear chunks organized so I can keep plugging away.
- Most of the "writing" work right now is mental – figuring out the shape of the chapter in my head.
Something I did:
- Planned the summer — at least the childcare side of things so that I can have some solid chunks of time to write every day.
- Ran around a lot (so many errands and child-related activities!) and scheduled many things — dental appointments, doctors’s appointments, summer camps, an actual trip, etc.
Something I read:
- Some actual children’s lit! It’s been a while:
- The Map of Stars by Laura Ruby
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas