Something I thought about:
- The final dissertation chapter. The first half was fine, but the second half hadn’t clicked yet, so I took some time to reverse outline, figure out what I wanted to say, and ended up figuring out a much better way to structure the second part, so I’m working through that now.
Something I did:
- Worked on my diss.
- Sent a lot of emails.
- Tried to pace myself — remember to take breaks to rest and clear my head.
- Started to wake up really early to write.
Something I read:
- The Trees Witness Everything by Victoria Chang
- Missed Translations: Meeting the Immigrant Parents Who Raised Me by Sopan Deb
- This profile of one of the Fields Medal winners is pretty great.
“When I found out that he came to mathematics after poetry, I’m like, OK, this makes sense to me,” Ardila added.
- I love this newsletter so much.
“worry is the essence of craft”