Something I thought about:
- Between the kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard and the Atlanta shootings, I’ve been thinking a lot about police violence, violence against women, and violence against people of color (along with intersectionalities of ability, sexuality, and gender). This week was a lot.
Something I did:
- I took some breaks. I’ve been pushing hard and in unhealthy ways, and that caught up with me this week.
- I introduced students to James Baldwin. That’s always a pleasure.
Something I read:
- I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I read this: Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Remote Student While Teaching in a Hybrid Classroom by Paige Boncher
- Why We Should’ve Seen the Atlanta Shootings Coming by Trevor Noah [video]
- Violence Against Asian-Americans Isn't New, but It Is Growing by Amber Ruffin [video]