Something I thought about:
- I’m used to thinking about world-building in fiction, but I was thinking about it in poetry, especially as it pertains to place/sense of place.
Something I did:
- Plugged away at this dissertation chapter.
- Had a conference paper proposal accepted.
- Worked with writing students on making their arguments tighter and more specific.
- Introduced the idea of literary criticism (final part of the first-year survey course — after introducing close reading/analysis of different types of text and literary terminology).
- A lot of errands and paperwork (taxes, school forms, etc.)
Something I read:
- The Darkness Outside Us by Eliot Schrefer