Something I thought about:
- Approaches to revision — I listened to the VS podcast interview with Carmen Giménez Smith and liked her editorial approach of trying to punch up a writer’s strengths rather than finding ways to refine through cutting/shaping. I like this idea of leaning into what’s working and finding ways to amplify that instead of looking at what’s broken and trying to "fix" it.
Something I did:
- This week involved a good deal of running around and admin. Too much admin.
- Wrote a post for Diverse Verse.
- Worked on some ideas on paper.
Something I read:
- Look Both Ways by Jason Reynolds