Something I thought about:
- Mostly getting back on track with smaller outstanding items while waiting for diss comments. Some of this was thinking through fall courses and any changes I want to make — like I’m trying to figure out how to build in more in-class writing / quiet reflection time. I had to come up with some exercises quickly last year to cover workshop absences due to illness, but I liked the results and want to do this more intentionally.
Something I did:
- Worked on some smaller writing projects.
- Finally got a Legendary badge in Duolingo!
Something I read:
- I enjoyed this Poetry Off the Shelf podcast interview with Elisa Gabbert.
- A rather heartbreaking essay on taroof and a poetics of abandonment.
Abandonment has an intrinsic connection with both dependency and with power. Whenever one says abandonment, it already implies power, an unjust structure, and the dependency of one on another.
- The Hurting Kind by Ada Limón
- Autobiography of Red by Anne Carson