Something I thought about:
- This week was super packed with fall setup. It feels like rentrée, which is really throwing me off because that’s supposed to happen at the end of August / early September. I’m used to my child starting school and then having three weeks before uni begins — that’s when I really dig into my course prep — but we have different calendars this year, and I’ll start teaching the day before my child starts school. We’re adapting to an entirely different rhythm.
Something I did:
- Took the child on various adventures: Kowloon, an arcade, mini golf, a batting cage, candlepin bowling, Boston Commons, the Museum of Science — so many firsts.
- Visited Wellesley with my college roommate and our kids.
- Worked on my syllabus.
- Worked on school registration for my child.
- Started to get setup with US healthcare providers.
Something I read:
- Relentless Melt by Jeremy P. Bushnell