Something I thought about:
- As with most people, the end of year is a time for me to reflect on the year that is ending and to think about the future — even more so now that I’ve completed my PhD and trying to figure out what’s next. Now that the semester has ended and I’m technically on break, I’m finally starting to process the end of the end of this multi-year project, and I’m considering what comes next. What do I want to do? To write? To work on? How do I get there? I’ve been around long enough to know how much of work, publishing, etc. depends on timing, luck, and persistence. How do I most efficiently and effectively respond to any opportunities that arise? What kind of systems and scaffolding should I create for myself?
Something I did:
- Tried to rest. Didn’t entirely succeed.
- Celebrated Christmas and NYE.
- Went to Geneva for a day.
- Had a dinner guest.
- Reflected on the end of the year. Started to plan 2023.
Something I read:
- The Spare Man by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Furia by Yamile Saied Mendez