Something I thought about:
- I went to Boston this week, and the trip was packed. It would’ve been easy to get overwhelmed, but I managed to keep a tight focus on just getting through the next thing, and it was fine. I haven’t been to Boston since March 2020 and was expecting it to feel different, but Cambridge still felt like Cambridge, and everything was weirdly familiar. I was surprised at how easy it was to slip back into life there — but perhaps that’s because it was so busy and I was staying with a friend and then family.
Something I did:
- Traveled to Boston.
- Looked at houses.
- Talked to a lot of people.
- Went to ALA and heard some great papers.
- Presented “Elizabeth Bishop’s Queer Phenomenology” on one of the two Elizabeth Bishop Society panels.
Something I read:
- I enjoyed this New Yorker poetry podcast interview between Kevin Young and Robin Coste Lewis.