Something I thought about:
- Mostly I’ve been buried in dissertation writing and thinking about how to synthesize the various parts of this chapter. In the first-year survey course, we also just switched from poetry to prose fiction and literary criticism, so I’ve been thinking about which sections of our text to analyze closely and how to divide these over the remaining weeks.
Something I did:
- Finished a draft of a dissertation chapter.
- Held my literature & writing class outdoors. That was really lovely.
Something I read:
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin — a reread in order to teach
- Memorial Drive by Natasha Trethewey