Something I thought about:
- I’ve been thinking about community a great deal lately — Olin, Performant, my neighborhood, the French school, friends. I like my various communities a great deal. And then I read the news and think about the wars and the horrors and I wonder how we spread care — how we create spaces where people feel cared for and know that they have support.
Something I did:
- Carved pumpkins with the family
- Went to a French class for French school parents — this was really quite lovely
- Co-taught with a colleague
- Had our first American Halloween in over a decade
- Got woken up by a pack of coyotes at 2 am
Something I read:
- Remember Us by Jacqueline Woodson. How is she so good???