Something I thought about:
- The first half was another dissertation revision push — mostly line edits, but we were getting into the really picky stuff (plus references — my nemesis. I swear every time I open the document I find another formatting error!). The second half was letting go of the draft and learning to wait for feedback. September began, so I had to do some planning and course prep…
Something I did:
- Revised the diss.
- Sent it to my committee.
- Tried to both take a break and regroup.
- Began light course prep.
Something I read:
- Hamlet (to teach)
- This poem by Etel Adnan seems like it might be good for the first day of creative writing… (begins halfway down the page).
- This interview with poet André Naffis-Sahely was so good that I immediately ordered his new book.
- This short piece on Faulkner as the worst postmaster ever made me laugh.