Something I thought about:
- I may have jinxed myself last week by saying I was mostly caught up and ready to switch to “proactive” mode. This week was a lot, and I was pretty exhausted by Wednesday, and then my child got sick. Things were better today than they were yesterday, and I’m holding on to that as I play catch-up once again. Next week is short: four days followed by a one-week uni break and two weeks of school vacation. Deep breaths.
Something I did:
- Reviewed proposals for a conference.
- More National Poetry Month prep for Diverse Verse — the monthlong “Love Letters to Poetry” series launched today!
- Took care of a sick and miserable kid — and did a lot of laundry.
Something I read:
- A piece by Jonathan on Elizabeth Bishop’s Eczema
- An extract from Maggie Smith’s memoir about how her marriage fell apart after her poem “Good Bones” went viral
- I'm always interested in compositional processes. This is about the poem “John Wick Is So Tired.”