- It’s easy to generate a ton of text in one day.
- I can write for 10 hours straight.
- When I’m really in a project, I forget to check Twitter.
- Insane deadlines can be met.
- If I can get the gist of it on the page, I can see what needs to happen and shape the text.
Funny — all of this should apply to novel writing, but it’s so much easier to finish something with a hard deadline and a guaranteed paycheck at the end. Clearly I’m meant to be a professional writer, not a “pre-published” one, or whatever we call ourselves these days 😉
Oh, I shouldn’t forget that I accomplish much more with a co-worker. Something about the accountability, or perhaps the supervision…